Buy a local installation
Before you buy a local installation of SALOR Hospitality consisting of your own hardware and copy of the software, you may want to see first if the online subscription is suitable for you, or, in case you are a developer, if you can install the open source code all by yourself.
The following picture shows how the local installation may look like, although you can configure the number and type of accessories (printers, mobile devices, touchscreen monitor, etc.) yourself:
An example of a locally installed Bill Gastro system
The local installation has a few advantages over the online subscription:
- No dependence on the Internet. The mini PC serves all attached terminals from within you store, restaurant or hotel over the regular networks that you already have installed (Ethernet, WLAN, Powerline adapters, etc.)
- The printing of invoices or tickets is immediate because the printers are connected directly to the mini PC
- The mini PC can print to as many printers as you need, either via USB or via serial communication (RS 232). Printers can be installed in the kitchen, bar, or other locations that prepare food or drinks.
- If one or several of the printers are far away from the mini PC (more than 5 meters), an USB connection is not really practical. Instead, you can use a serial line (RS 232) to connect printers, which only consists of 2 simple wires (doesn’t have to be twisted or shielded) that can be up to 100 meters long.
- All your data stays 100% private in your store.
- You get free telephone and email support from our service team, as well as free software updates (please read about the details on our online shop).
The disadvantages of the local installation are:
- Higher up-front investment
- A hard drive failure, electrical failure, theft or fire may mean that you lose your menu card and sales data. However, we also offer daily database backups and a mirroring system to make data loss and downtime extremely unlikely.
Configure and buy the local installation now!
On our online shop you can assemble and confiugure your system before you buy it. You can select the number of printers, touchscreen size, and software features you want to use.
Visit our online shop now:
If you don’t want to use the online shop or need more information, please feel free to contact our customer service team. We will help you personally.
Buy your own SALOR Hospitality server also on Amazon.com!