Online Subscription for SALOR Hospitality
As explained in detail on the ABOUT page of this website, SALOR Hospitality is not an “App” in the classical sense, although it might look like it.
Since nowadays practically all computers (large and small) do have an Internet browser, you will be able to use SALOR Hospitality without a need for an “App Store” or other third-party services.
This unique feature allows SALOR Hospitality to run either locally on a computer in your restaurant, or (since it is nothing more than a complex website), on a remote server. The following illustration explains how this works in detail:
This allows Red (E) Tools Ltd. (the original author of SALOR Hospitality) to offer you an online subscription service for SALOR Hospitality so that you can sign up and start using it in your own business within minutes.
If you have already tried the online Demo and don’t want to spend too much money for a locally installed system with your own hardware you can simply subscribe to SALOR Hospitality for a monthly fee.
To help you decide if the online subscription is useful for you, please read the following section about advantages and disadvantages about this service.
If you have already decided, please visit our Subscription Shop at
and sign up for an account.
If you don’t want to use the online shop or need more information, please feel free to contact our customer service team. We will help you personally.
Advantages of the online subscription
- No need to buy expensive hardware or software up front
- You can use your existing smartphone, tablet, computer or printer
- The subscription can serve as a more intense trial before buying the locally installed system
- After you have subscribed, your own private installation is available to you within seconds
- You can cancel the subscription at any time
- You can enable or disable features according to your needs and only pay for the features you really use (before the subscription and during the subscription)
- If you have a restaurant or hotel chain, you can manage all of them with just one subscription
- You can set up SALOR Hospitality in such a way that your clients can access the online service too and see the current menu card on a mini-website of yours. If you desire so, you also can allow your clients to order from your store online. We will personally help you set this up.
Disadvantages of the online subscription
- The subscription depends on the reliability of your Internet connection to a certain extent. Please read the “Requirements of your Internet Connection” section below.
Requirements for your Internet Connection
Naturally, you only can connect to and ‘load’ the Online Subscription of SALOR Hospitality into your browser when you have an active Internet connection.
Bandwidth: Once SALOR Hospitality is fully loaded, it requires very little bandwidth to operate. That is the reason why it is even suitable for cellphone based Internet connections (very low bandwidth). Every time you submit an order, only a few bytes/letters are sent to update the subscription server. When you take orders, there is no connection to the server at all: Everything happens inside of your browser, which is the reason for great speed and responsiveness of the User Interface (UI).
Uptime: If your connection to the Internet is unreliable, but if SALOR Hospitality is already fully loaded in your browser, it can tolerate certain outages of the internet connection. If the connection to the subscription server is down, expect the following behavior:
- The terminal you are working with (a “terminal” can be a workstation computer or mobile devices like smartphones or tablets) will not receive any updates from other terminals.
- You can still take orders and save orders, but the data will only be locally stored in the browser of your terminal and not submitted to the subscription server.
- Currently, you cannot finish an order. We are working on the ability to do this.
- Since newly ordered items cannot be submitted to other terminals and are stored only on your terminal (also called “offline items”), there is no printing support.
- If the Internet is down, and you have offline items, SALOR Hospitality will tell you so every time you want to submit an order.
- If you have offline items and the Internet connection comes back, those items will be submitted to the subscription server and processed normally once you press the “submit” button on the ordering screen.
- When you close the browser or tab where SALOR Hospitality is loaded, you will lose all offline data. We are working on a solution so that all offline items will be stored permanently.
If this behavior during an Internet outage is too restrictive for you, consider buying a locally installed system.